Tips for Designing an Effective Base in Clash of Clans
Since the release of Clash of Clans in 2012, players are scavenging for building such base layouts, that will stop the attack within 50% and zero stars. However, such a base no longer exists in Clash of Clans, as the attackers already have the best attack strategies.
Still, defenses can make it harder for the attacker to secure victory by applying some trick in Base Layouts. Here are some tips to consider to build an effective base in Clash of Clans.
Tips to design a perfect base in Clash of Clans
- Place Town Hall and other resource buildings (such as Gold Storages, Elixir Storages, and also Dark Elixir Storage) in the center of your base, surrounded by walls. This will protect them from being easily targeted by enemy troops. Gold mines and elixirs can also be added in case of a hybrid base.
- Place defenses (such as Cannons, Mortals, Archer Towers, and Wizard Towers) on the outside of your base, near the walls. This will give them a wide range of coverage and make it harder for enemy troops to take them out.
- Use the Defense traps to see which defenses are most effective against different types of enemy troops. This can help you determine which defenses and traps to set and where to place them.
- Spread out your defenses to make it harder for enemy troops to take them out all at once.
- Use the “X-Bow” defense to target enemy troops from a distance. Place it near the center of your base to give it a wide range of coverage. Try to keep it on air & ground targets.
- Use the “Inferno Tower” defense to target high-hitpoint troops such as Golems and Pekkas. Place it near the center of your base to give it a wide range of coverage.
- Use the “Air Sweepers” to push back and damage enemy air troops. Place them on the outside of your base, near the walls.
- Use the “Seeking Air Mine” to target enemy air troops. Place them on the outside of your base, near the walls.
- Use “Traps” (such as Bombs and Spring Traps) to surprise and damage enemy troops. Place them in high-traffic areas or near key defenses to maximize their effectiveness.
- Keep in mind that base design is constantly evolving and it’s important to regularly update and improve your base to stay ahead of the competition.
Given are some of the tips to get into the top league by building a perfect and strong base. These are just a few core areas to consider while designing layouts.